Marijuana Business Operations:
Learn How to Effectively Own and Operate a Marijuana Business
Wednesday, July 17, 2019 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
The legalization of marijuana has created a multitude of business opportunities, but it has also created many questions and uncertainties for attorneys advising businesses. With so much legal grey area it gets hard to define many aspects of how to actually run the business. In this full-day program, expert attorney and accountant faculty will equip you with the essential skills you need to effectively (and legally) run a marijuana business. Don’t miss out on this vital marijuana business operations course – register today!
- Examine marijuana business regulations, state/federal compliance and licensing changes.
- Evaluate the current banking landscape, review requirements of FinCEN guidance, learn how to get a bank account, raise capital and more.
- Learn how to create solid marijuana business plans and policies and accurately deal with 401k issues.
- Review tax implications and better understand Section 280E of the IRS Tax Code.
- Better understand site security and zoning requirements to avoid costly legal ramifications.
- Get the skills you need to handle the top marijuana operating issues, including tricky international issues.
- Analyze the ethical implications of advising cannabis business clients.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level seminar provides practical information on marijuana law for:
- Accountants and CPAs
- Bankers and Commercial Lenders
- Enrolled Agents
- Certified Financial Planners
- How to Remain Compliant! Marijuana Laws, Licensing and More
- Banking and Financing for Marijuana Businesses
- Human Resources, Labor and Employment
- Reviewing Marijuana Business Tax Implications, Recordkeeping and Accounting Best Practices
- Examining Marijuana Site Security and Zoning Requirements
- Handling the Top Marijuana Operating Issues
Continuing Legal Education
CA CLE – 6.00
including – Ethics: 1.00